The Color Guard
The Kiltie Color Guard is a full year, 1 credit, eurhythmics class with some special and unique differences. The Color Guard uniform is issued by the uniform committee. All Color Guard must wear their hair pulled back and all hair accessories are to be black. New Guards must attend training classes in the second semester and summer band camps.
The Kiltie Color Guard twirl show flags during the half-time show, also become a historic color guard for parades. Their thirty-eight (38) 3' x 5' fringed flags represent:
1. The five historical flags of Florida:
- 1513 - "Royal Standard of Spain" (Lions &b Castles) -- Spain
- 1564 - "Fleur-de-lis" -- France
- 1763-1783 - "Kings Colors" - England
- 1860 - "Stars & Bars" 1st flag of the Confederate (not to be confused with the Confederate Battle flag)
- 1845 - "United States of America"
2. Special Event Flags:
- 2000, 2006, 2019 - Hollywood
- 1969, 1980, 1987 - Three Rose Parades
- 1980, 1996, 2004 - Three Macy's Thanksgiving Day parades
- 1989 - Dublin Ireland St. Patrick's Parade
- Limerick Ireland International Music Festival
- Two Fiesta Bands
3. Countries the Kilties have visited:
4. Pasadena Rose Parade Tours -- 1969, 1980, 1987
5. Midwest Band & Orchestra Clinic - Chicago, Illinois, Tour
6. Macy's 1980 New York City Tour and the 1985 Inaugural Parade
|North Carolina||Maryland||New Jersey|
The Color Guard is proudly led by Ms. Kayla Cavanaugh and Dr. Amy Earl, Instructors. If you have questions about how to join the Kiltie Color Guard, please contact the Music Department.
You are visitor number: 2193